Meetings incentive provides boost to hotel and motel industry23 July 2021
FREDERICTON (GNB) –The provincial government, in partnership with the New Brunswick Hotel Association and the Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, has developed a program to support the hotel and motel industry by encouraging an increase in business bookings.
The Meeting Incentive Program will provide a 20 per cent discount for bookings that meet specific criteria, for business-related travel and for related expenditures of up to $5,000 per booking for eligible expenses, including meeting rooms, food and audio-visual equipment.
“Our hotel and motel industries contribute to the economic recovery, financial stability and growth of our province,” said Tourism, Heritage and Culture Minister Tammy Scott-Wallace. “The Meetings Incentive Program will stimulate corporate travel, help rebuild the meetings and conventions market and provide operators with additional support to get back on their feet post pandemic.”
To be eligible, the booking must meet the following criteria:
- the stay must be for corporate, government, or association-related business;
- have 10 or more rooms booked on one of the stay nights;
- have a meeting room rental associated with the event;
- be booked at an eligible hotel and motel industry with meeting space;
- new business must be booked from July 19, 2021 to April 30, 2022; and,
- expenses must all be invoiced via a master bill (i.e. an invoice/bill that reflects the total of all eligible roofed accommodation expenses) and submitted with the provincial claim form provided.
“This incentive has come at an ideal time as restrictions are lifting, business meetings are able to take place in-person and our province is eager for a return to normal,” said Sara Holyoke, Delta Fredericton’s general manager and co-chair of the New Brunswick Hotel Association. “The accommodation industry is very pleased to work with the provincial government on this initiative and we look forward to safely welcoming business groups to hotels and motels across the province.”
For more information about the program, including full eligibility criteria and the submission process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org