Commemorations and Celebrations Program
The New Brunswick Commemorations & Celebrations Program provides funding to assist in covering some of the costs associated with programs, activities, and initiatives that commemorate and celebrate significant historical events in New Brunswick.
The overall objective of this program is to encourage celebratory and commemorative activities so that significant New Brunswick stories are recognized, preserved, and shared with present and future generations so that:
1. Communities have capacity to share their heritage and;
2. Participants of commemoration and celebration activities gain awareness of New Brunswick's
The Commemorations and Celebrations Program is open. There is no deadline for this program. Please submit an application at least six weeks prior to the start of your project.
• New Brunswick based and a;
• Not-for-Profit organization or;
• Municipality that has a cultural policy or;
• First Nations community.
• Religious, denominational, or church activities;
• Competitions or sports activities;
• Fundraising activities;
• Craft, art, or car shows;
• Family reunions;
• Travel programs or exchanges;
• Animal shows or competitions
Release of Information to the Public
• The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is subject to the Right to
Information Act and the Protection of Personal Information Act.
• The applicant hereby acknowledges and agrees that, if awarded a grant, the name
of the grant recipient, the recipient’s community, the program name, and the
amount of the grant, will be published by the Department of Tourism, Heritage
and Culture on the Government of New Brunswick web site and in the Department’s
Note Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this program.