The Department of Environment and Local Government (DELG) is accepting applications for eligible projects in local service districts of the Province from December 17, 2021 to February 14, 2022. Approximately $35M is available for projects to be completed by March 31, 2024. Successful applicants will be notified in spring of 2022.
Completed applications must be emailed to CCBF-FDCC@gnb.ca.
What projects will be given a preference?
- Projects receiving additional financial support (ex. donations, fundraising efforts, local tax contributions, other funding programs, etc.)
- Projects benefiting multiple stakeholders
- Improvements to existing infrastructure
- Low-cost recreation, sport, culture and tourism projects with regional benefits
- Projects which meet provincial priorities, as described in the 2020 Speech from the Throne:
- Energizing the Private Sector
- Vibrant and Sustainable Communities
Who is eligible to receive funding?
Organizations representing unincorporated areas of New Brunswick, including, Regional Service Commissions, water and wastewater commissions, community groups and other organizations acting on behalf of unincorporated areas are eligible to apply.
What types of projects are eligible?
Eligible projects include investments in community infrastructure for construction, renewal or material enhancement in each of the following categories: