Government of New Brunswick


Family Support Orders Services (FSOS) has transitioned into a new program delivery model which saw its regionalized operations become centralized to one location in Grand Falls.   All Regional offices of Support Enforcement are now closed. 

  • Our name has changed from FSOS to the “Office of Support Enforcement (OSE)” and documents generated from our system since May 28, 2018 is under the new name.
  • All calls are re-directed to our office in Grand Falls for triaging.  Our goal is to have our Enrollment Officers handle many of our clients’ general inquiries or transfer you to the appropriate Enforcement Officer for issues of enforcement.




Will my Enforcement Officer change.
A:  Possibly.  Depending of the level of enforcement required on a file, it may be assigned to either a Junior Enforcement Officer or a Senior Enforcement Officer.    

Q:  How will I know if my Enforcement Officer has changed?
A: Clients can access their file information by signing on to our website portal at  Once registered, you will have access to information pertaining to your file, in addition to the name of your Enforcement Officer.

Q: Will my Enforcement Officer still be located in the Courthouse?
A: Since July 1, 2018, we are fully centralized and all enforcement will be done from our Grand Falls office and no Enforcement Officers are located in the Courthouses.

Q:  Does this mean my Court file will be moved to Grand Falls?
A: All enforcement files have been transferred to Grand Falls.  Your Court file however, will stay in the judicial district where your family matters have been filed.

Q: Is the Office of Support Enforcement (OSE) authorized to do a recalculation of support?
The OSE does not have authority under the Support Enforcement Act to recalculate support when a Payer’s income changes or to set an amount once a previously unemployed Payer obtains employment. A variation order or agreement must be filed in these instances.

Q: Will my Enforcement Officer be able to accept receipts when my order/agreement refers to Section 7 expenses without further details?
Any court order being enforced by the OSE referring to Section 7 expenses in general terms with no details as to what the expenses are, the following will be enforced.

OSE will accept receipts for child care, portion of medical and dental insurance premiums attributable to the child, health-related expenses that include orthodontic treatment, professional counseling provided by a psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and prescription drugs, hearing aids, glasses and contact lenses, tuition and required text books on post-secondary education.

A Section 7 Special Expense Claim form is required to be completed and forwarded to the OSE along with copies of receipts.  Receipts submitted must be within one year from being incurred.

NOTE:  If the “Prorated Amount” is not indicated in the order/agreement or it cannot be calculated by OSE based on information in the order (i.e. order indicates income of payer but not of beneficiary), OSE cannot enforce the special expenses.

If you have any questions as to whether or not OSE can enforce special expenses pursuant to your order/agreement, please contact your enforcement officer at 1-844-673-4499.